WE are now pleased to publish the display boards we used at the recent Exhibition at the Brandon Hall Hotel.
Our intention was to speak to local residents and speedway and stock car fans who had attended the Brandon Estates exhibition, and to provide them with the alternative view of what the stadium could and should be being used for.
We are unwilling to let the developers hide behind assertions that the stadium is "unviable" as a sports venue without any justification - especially given the condition of the site when they took it on.
Our display boards show the following:
* A brief history and introduction to the stadium, showing its rich sporting heritage and some of the hugely-supported events to be staged there over nearly a century;
* Clear photographic evidence of the condition the stadium was left in at the end of December 2016, and the deterioration which has taken place since Brandon Estates have taken possession;
* The totally unsatisfactory security arrangements made by Brandon Estates which have led to notices being served by the Council;
* What we know about Brandon Estates and their most significant individual John Downer;
* Our representatives and conclusions.
As with the Brandon Estates Exhibition material, you can click on each individual board to bring up a pdf version.