Fixtures & Results
LINKS OF INTEREST
PUBLIC MEEETING UPDATE
Tuesday 30 October 2018
CHRIS Harris, one of Coventry’s all-time greatest riders, will be attending the Public Meeting on Tuesday November 6 at the Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel.
Chris still lives near Brandon Stadium and spent a total of eleven seasons racing for the Bees, winning a host of team and individual honours along the way.
He will be one of a number of special guests on the night showing their support for the return of motorsport to the area.
Chris said: “Everyone knows how close Coventry is to my heart having raced there for so long. We can’t afford to be losing any tracks and this is one of the most important in the country.”
Next week’s meeting gives supporters the opportunity to be brought fully up-to-date on efforts to oppose the current planning application, some two years after the last event at the stadium.
Items to be discussed include:
* Brief recap of events up to the last Public Meeting in October 2017;
* The dispute between Brandon Estates and Rugby Council over the securing of the site;
* The speculative planning application submitted in January 2018, which is expected to be heard early in the New Year (2019);
* The significance of the Local Plan and the Neighbourhood Plan;
* The latest submissions from agents acting for Brandon Estates regarding the ongoing need for the sports in the Coventry/Rugby area, and the mis-information included within them;
* The importance of the National Planning Policy Guidance (NPPF) and why ‘giving up’ on Brandon would be totally the wrong move.
The meeting takes place in the Woodlands Suite of the Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel (CV8 3FW) on Tuesday November 6, starting at 7.30pm.
Entry is free, and all supporters of speedway and stock cars, and local residents, are warmly encouraged to attend.
Tweets by @KeepBeesOnTrack
© Save Coventry Speedway | Site Design and Production